View Single Post
AtreyuFreak

Member Since Nov 2009
11 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I identify so much with this. I was also raped as a teen (at 15). I was at a party with friends, and (as always) we were all drinking to get drunk, if that makes sense. These "friends" laughed about it because they thought I was, like you, finally losing my virginity. Well, I suppose I was, but not in a way that anyone would ever want. I didn't lose it, it was stolen. I had the same thoughts as you: that it was my fault, that I didn't fight back, that even though I said "no" I should have done more, that it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so drunk...these things don't matter. What does matter is that I (and you) said no; we were ignored. A few months after the rape, a couple (true) friends convinced me to report it; I found out that this same guy had raped 3 or 4 other girls, all younger than I had been. The RCC (Rape Crisis Center) counselor I had was awesome. She told me that even if I had said yes, the fact that I was drunk meant that I was unable to consent; that constitutes rape. It might seem obvious, but that was my "wow" moment: it clicked. I saw it for what it was: devious and malicious rape.

I sincerely hope that you can believe these things about your own situation: it was NOT your fault, it WAS rape, and it WAS (very) wrong. Good luck with telling your therapist--I'm positive that she/he will be very supportive about this (if he/she isn't, find a different one lol!). if okay. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here...Very sorry you had to go through this!

"When the people of the world all know beauty as beauty, There arises the recognition of ugliness. When they know the good as the good, There arises the perception of evil. Therefore Being and non-Being produce each other."

"Suffering produces perserverance; perserverance, character; and character, hope."
AtreyuFreak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote