View Single Post
englishteacher
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2010
Default Apr 06, 2010 at 09:18 AM

My hubby and I have the same fights over and over. We only fight when we are stressed about money. So this morning, we get in a fight about the rent. He had the car and was supposed to go pay it on Friday, but he didn't. He said Friday evening that he would pay it Saturday, but he didn't. I took the check by the office on Monday morning, but there was no one there....and now we owe a late fee because it didn't get paid by the third. So I put the ball back in his court - he knows the landlord better than I do and he is much better with dealing with any sort of confrontation. So we stop at the office again this morning, and it's closed, but it's a few minutes until 8:00...so we wait. They don't open, we're both already late for work...we wait. They don't show, so we head to work. On the way to work we end up blaming each other and he gets so mad that he stops the car, gets out and walks away without another word (he was only 1 block from his work).

Now, I am having trouble concentrating on my work because I keep thinking about the rent - which still isn't paid - and whether or not I should apologize for ...what? arguing in the morning? Not taking the initiative to keep the car and go pay the rent on Friday? Not trying again Monday afternoon? Not wanting to talk to the landlord? I'm so sick of this crappy fighting...
englishteacher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote