View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I know this won’t help now, but in the future if there is a holiday around when the rent is due, call. I’m sure they have voice mail, leave a message, this is englishteacher and I’ve tried to drop off the rent the office is closed. I will stop by again _____ to pay it. This way the landlord knows that you’re making an effort to pay the rent and may be more likely to waive the late fee.

Is there a reason that your husband didn’t drop off the rent? Due dates are merely guidelines to my husband. It drove me absolutely crazy! I finally made him understand that his behavior may be ok for him, but it made me feel nervous and really messed up my sense of security. So if he wanted to handle the money, he needed to pay the bills on time for no other reason than to make me happy.

I’d discuss this with him in a non-confrontational way. Try to find out if there is a reason he didn’t pay it on time. Is he being passive aggressive? Since this seems to be more important to you than him, maybe it’s time for you to take on this responsibility.