Thread: Intimacy
View Single Post
Zenobia
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2002
Default Jun 21, 2002 at 08:47 PM

I guess I am having all sorts of interpersonal problems lately. I got so mad at my husband today. All yesterday he hardly wouldn't talk to me and would hardly look at me. I asked him a couple times during the day if things were alright because he looked bummed. He said fine. I asked again at bedtime and he said it was something he couldn't do anything about anyway.

This morning he tosses me a note saying it was an intimacy issue. We haven't had sex in quite awhile. My T and I are working really hard on the PTSD issue and how I was raped as a young child. This of course is making it very difficult to think about sex let alone have it. Hubby knows this.

What I don't understand is if he craves intimacy so much why does he turn away from me when I try to kiss him? Why does he stand there stiff and unyeilding when I try to hug him? Are the not intimate actions on my part? I will go to touch him and he will find a reason to get up and leave the room. I am at my wits end. I am trying to give what I can but he wont take it because of what I can't give him at this time. It hurts.
Zen<font color=blue>

Did You Know:
If you rewire the visual input from the eyes of a baby ferret to the auditory (hearing) cortex of its brain, the auditory cortex will "learn" to see? The signals will be less orderly resulting in the ferret having 20/60 vision instead of 20/20.--from study conducted by neuroscientest Mriganka Sur at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Zenobia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote