View Single Post
Anonymous81711

Default Apr 19, 2010 at 06:32 PM

The Elusive Multi-Quote - No Need To Be Afraid!

Alot of people get intimidated by multi-quoting, and thus do not use it, because if you arent sure how to it can sort of confusing. Here I am going to try to explain how to do this so it is less confusing!

Firstly, Multi-Quoting is done directly from the thread you wish to reply to. At the end of every post in the thread, you should see the following:

that is the button you will use to "multiquote".

Do you remember how I showed you to quote someone directly from the thread, in the post previous to this? Multi quote works much the same way, except you click those quote marks on EVERY POST you wish to have quoted. Lets say you wished to quote the last three posters on the following thread:
(click the link or right click and open in a new window or tab so you dont lose this page!)

http://forums.psychcentral.com/showt...83#post1350283

Here is what you would do:

My apologies if that image is small; I was unable to make it much bigger without causing the screen to have to be bigger too!

So starting with the first post you want to quote, click those "quotes" at the bottom of each - the buttons that I've circled above.

Next, you need to go down to the bottom of the thread and click the "Add Reply" Button:

This will take you through to the Reply Text Box. You will see, as we covered previously, that there is quoted text in the box:

I added in red lines, so you can see where each of the quotes ends, and the new one starts. To reply to each, simply skip a line after each quote (the end is, again, where the [*/QUOTE] is at the end of each. Simply type your response after each quoted section. Now all you have to do is go to the bottom of the post and either PREVIEW or SUBMIT!

And there you have it, you have multiquoted!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Hunny