View Single Post
sunrise
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2007
106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 02, 2010 at 09:31 PM

My insurance plan is a PPO, and I pay $72/month to cover me and my 2 children. There is a $250/person deductible. I will not have a job anymore beginning in July, and at that time, I will elect COBRA. I think it will cost about $800/month to cover my family.

My insurance plan covers psychotherapy at 85% if services are provided by a network provider, and 60% if out of network. But it will only cover psychotherapy by therapists with certain licenses and credentials. Unfortunately, my T has not had an "acceptable" credential so I have paid him 100% out of pocket. He just recently changed his credential, so I may be able to get 60% of his fee covered. I am worried though about letting insurance into my "business" with my therapist. (I haven't discussed this with my therapist yet, but talking with both him and my daughter's therapist a couple of years ago convinced us not to seek insurance reimbursement for my daughter's therapist's services.)

My insurance used to cover 20 PT visits per year, but with the parity law, it now covers 50 (if an acceptable provider is used).