View Single Post
CindyLuWho

Member Since Apr 2010
Confused May 04, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I teach at a local Community College. It's the perfect job! I work two days a week and make enough to pay my bills. Until yesterday. The administration cancelled all the summer classes due to budgetary constraints. That's 1/3 of my yearly income! And you can BET the administrators aren't taking a 1/3 pay cut!

I went through shock, sorrow, anger all within about 3 hours. Then I got manic, then I got depressed... and off we go on the merry-go-round.

I was just feeling like I had my feet under me financially. Now I won't be able to pay my student loans for the next several months and will have to tighten my belt with everything else. Fortunately, I could stand to lose a few pounds. And thankfully, I will get unemployment.

I was really having a nice week and now this. sigh.

At least I know it's not that they don't like ME or fired ME, they just can't afford ANY summer classes. There are a lot of us in the same boat.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Leaving the manic now, headed down again...

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh

"It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end."
CindyLuWho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote