View Single Post
Martina
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2008
Confused May 05, 2010 at 12:24 AM

We are up to our eyeballs in debt - nearly $75,000. Just making the minimums, and barely making life expenses, we break even on a recent budget....down to 30 cents.

Yet every item I ask my husband if we can cut, he refuses. Newspaper, nope. Cable, nope. He won't let me sell my car and buy a beater using cash from savings.

He is giving me absolutely NO ideas on how we can get out of debt any faster and get more wiggle room in the budget for any crisis. There's no room in the budget for unexpected bills, not even for Christmas.

How do I get my husband to wake up and realize that this is serious? I am NOT going to get a better job, period. Yes, I am underpaid, but that's it. It's not going to change. I'm a CPA with a partial MBA and 8 years experience...making $12.75 an hour. But that's what happens when you have a mental breakdown, get fired for being crazy, sit on unemployment for 9 months, and the economy is shot to heck and this is all you can find. We have to live with what we have. Not what we HAD.

And the even funnier part is, he keeps complaining that he wants to go on a vacation. He's burned out at work, and he has accrued over 4 MONTHS of vacation time at work (it was his 2nd job for several years, he would only take vacation pay at his main job, and they let it just keep accruing). How in the heck are we going to pay for a vacation??????????

Martina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote