View Single Post
Gabi925

Member Since Apr 2009
Default May 08, 2010 at 03:06 PM

I greatly appreciated that you answer to me. I think no evolution is possible without truth and adjusting...

You are right about the age of the child.
You said something about "ten" - what's that age limit for?

I think no child under 7, should be slap, spank. even you do not know what extreme situation could make that still necessarily.
At around 8-9 years my daughter started to punish herself slapping and smacking (? I do not know well the difference) herself. I tried to stop her even showing her that I could do the same to myself and this is not a way to show that you acknowledge a mistake. I end up slapping her in the above way and that really stopped her. But before I told her that I was there to protect her and no one could slap my child, not even the one that seems to take her place ( When she was younger we used to joke about a piggy girl that visited her body sometimes; because she said when doing some normal bad children things; "It's not me" or "I didn't do it")

Till now I knew about slap and snap that are hits with an open palm and they have to be clearly identified so because a "hit" is usually stronger, using a fist and it's hard to believe that it will not harm.

Therefore I think also the intention - supported by the way you did it (by slap or fist or with an object ... and even if you did it when very angry and possible not to control yourself or calm outside no matter how inside)

Now I see that there could be three things that could not maybe physically harm a child and I suppose all the medical or heath professionals know. Do they ? are people who are in charge with children obliged to know the difference between different type of physical abuses ? But how else could they appreciate, and even report an abuse?! But I think I will open a separate thread for that.

slap, spank and smack.

The second very good point you raised it's about frequency - I would really want to see a poll on this problem of abuse but I need some more info and ideas like yours. What frequency do you think it could become dangerous? 2/years? 5 in the entire life of a child?
Gabi925 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote