View Single Post
Gabi925

Member Since Apr 2009
Default May 12, 2010 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckingFutz View Post
Sorry... Shoah is The Holocaust. 2nd generation...the children of the survivors. PTSD touched us even though we were not there. Having trouble staying grounded.
These days I received an email from my friends and I sent it further about a German woman who saved some (I think even one and it's important) children during the war - if interested I could send you personal the email. She was proposed but didn't received Nobel prize for Peace and now she died.

I have many Jewish friends - some in Israeli, U.S., etc - we were together in high-school and still talk because somehow they are the closest friends. When I asked how they find time I get this: " to save a man means to save a world"

Still, sometimes I am telling them that Israeli behave like a PTSD affected nation (hypervigilance) ... like other nations or populations that encountered genocide.

I always wonder if it deserves to live, while being tortured by memories, no matter they made us a great service surviving and teaching us what happened and to do not repeat the history. Unfortunately I think that few parents really show books and read and talk with children about (I do!) and "why?", "how was possible" and the effects... so no wonder here, On the North American continent, Frederick Nietzsche is celebrated for "What didn't kill you make you stronger" adopted by Hitler as a doctrine in Mein Kampf! Tell that to a Holocaust's survivor or the people close to each who suffered for them.

I am against bullying as I have read so much about wars and effects... but I wonder how is to be a Shoah?

Where you abused by the one who had PTSD how people around believe? (sincerely I can't imagine that!)

Could you write what means to be a Shoah?
Gabi925 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote