View Single Post
Anonymous29412

Default May 14, 2010 at 06:16 AM

((((((((((((zoo))))))))))))))

What a tough situation.

My oldest son is 13, and a few weeks ago my best friend, who has a 13 y/o son found something disturbing in her son's e-mail about another 13 y/o (girl) who is one of my son's best friends. All of the parents in the situation are friends, and we are all very close to each other's children (we take vacations together, spend holidays together, etc).

My friend and I both were SA as children and as we talked about what to do, it was REALLY hard to separate our own issues from the situation at hand. It was hard to know what was over-reacting and what was under-reacting. In the end, she did contact the parents, and turned it over to them, and we knew it was the right decision. But really, it was hard to get to the point of even being able to make a good guess as to how to proceed, you know?

My thought during the whole thing was that I wish someone would have protected me. I wish someone would have erred on the side of caution when they saw warning signs. I wish the people who were abusing me would have somehow been made to stop.

I think that in your situation, I would make a doctor appt for tomorrow afternoon and find some kind of ride to get her there. And I would make an anonymous call to CPS to describe everything I knew and to hear what they would say. I would do those two things at LEAST.

I'm so sorry that this situation is going on for you. I KNOW how confusing and triggering it must be.

What did your T say about it???

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
zooropa