View Single Post
zooropa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2009
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2010 at 01:00 PM

my 1st thought was that she had started her period, I know at 8 it is young but not unheared of. However, she talked about pain and getting hurt on the playground, and not wanting to pee because it hurt. That doesn't sound like her period to me, but I guess that's something the dr will find out.

When I talked to my T about this last night she said she has heard the story of a child getting hurt like this on the playground many, many times and that in her experience it has never turned out to be true.

I talked to her father this morning and he was saying she is fine and he has no plans to take her to the dr. I told him I AM going to take her, and he became very defensive. I told him there's a possibility that someone is hurting our child, don't you want to find out if it's true? Don't you think it's your JOB, as her father, to find out and to protect her? I don't know what to think right now about who could be doing this to her, if anyone. It could be her father, I don't want to think that but I don't know! I don't know how a perp like that thinks, I don't know how to tell who is safe and who isn't. The fact that he SA me many times during our marriage doesn't help.

It's just confusing and overwhelming and I want to push it away and forget about it and let it go, but I can't do that. I have to do what's best for my daughter. I don't want her to come to me when she's older and ask me why I didn't stop this from happening, if something IS happening.

zooropa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lynn P.