Legendary

Member Since Jan 2007
106 hugs
given
Default May 16, 2010 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
He wouldn't tell me what dr he took her to when I asked
Wouldn't he take her to your daughter's family doctor? Can you call the doctor and see if she was seen there on Friday? I think your H's caginess on this topic is a huge red flag. Unless something was not on the up and up, why would he not give you the name of the doctor?

Quote:
and then he didn't let me have my scheduled weekend visit w/the kids at all. My teenage boys were gone w/friends, and the 8 year old was on a playdate.

I really want to talk to the dr and find out if this is true, and if he even took her or if he's just saying that to shut me up. I haven't been able to talk to my daughter since Thurs night when this happened.
I am assuming you are divorced if you share custody of your kids. All of this would be in violation of your Parenting Plan, a legal document. You need to be able to talk to your daughter. If it were me, I would place a quick call to my lawyer--5 minute conversation--and ask about violation of the parenting plan. Maybe there is some quick language she can give you to use on a phone call to your kids' father to make him sit up and listen and realize he needs to let you speak with your daughter, see her at the scheduled time, etc., or he is in violation. I would be very frank with him--if he doesn't let you talk to your daughter or tell you the doctor's name, you will call CPS. On Monday AM, also call the school to get verification an injury occurred on campus. When you speak with your daughter, you can ask her which doctor she went to see (and if she went at all). You might also be able to get some information from your teen-aged boys--did they know if your daughter went to a doctor?

Good luck, zooropa. I will be thinking of you and your daughter.