Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2010 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Insurance for mental health issues has trouble sort of like for dental; only people who need it are in the group so it's not really "insurance".

Insurance is for "in case" you get sick, not if you are (why often pre-existing conditions aren't covered). Chronic conditions like diabetes and COPD one doesn't go to the doctor's that often, it's mostly just meds (and if your insurance covers for meds (mine doesn't) then that costs the consumer more for that reason).

Too, if you pay X insurance dollars a month but go to the T @ $125+ a week, no way they can cover that. That's why Medicaid is so crummy, it's welfare which comes out of taxes which there's only so much of and the more people on welfare or social security and the fewer working, the less the money goes around.
I recently qualified for my states medicaid and am totally covered for therapy sessions up to 52 sessions a year, all medications and total dental coverage, my medicaid coverage also any hospital stays that I may need. my physicains and mental health professionals are covered if they are on the list inside the handbook I recieved when I was approved. when I compared that list to those we have on the list we use to refer our crisis center cleints to I found all but one psychiatrist was listed in the hand book. the one that isnt in the handbook recently went out of business due to terminal illness.

what Im trying to say is not all medicaid is crummy and and every state and insurance has their own way of doing things.

to find out what your own personal insurance, medicaid or medicare will cover call the 1- 800 number that is listed in the phone book and is also listed in the paperwork/handbook you recieved when you signed up for that insurance plan. your insurance company can tell you based on your own states guidelines and insurance policy what you are covered for and what you are covered for, what medical and mental health and dental health providers are a part of your insurance plans for you to choose from.

this information of course is just in the USA those outside the USA you will have to contact your own insurance people to get the info for your locations, what kinds of insurance is available to you that kind of thing.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
perpetuallysad