Thread: my children
View Single Post
Anonymous29402

Default May 20, 2010 at 03:17 PM

I have five boys and one girl (girls are by far easier ) anyways one of my boys is ADHD OCD ODD plus a few more.

He wouldnt sleep and would often throw a tantrum and I would get looks (had a comment once) from people in the street about the way I handled it.

I would hug him and tell him I love him, that I loved him no matter how he behaved that I would love him no matter what.

I would hug him so tight he couldn't kick me or hit me.

In the end when he was about four ish he stopped as he had no reason to carry on.

Can you do your hair when he is asleep or when someone else is in the room leave him with them and sneak off and do your hair ?

Also lots of praise kids love it, point out what pretty colours he has chosen to use on his picture etc.

Lots of touching as you pass him ie stroke his hair or face. They love contact.

After a temper tantrum I would also point out to him that ' Hey you was really good that time you hardly screamed ! lol ' and smile at him ! Try to turn it into a joke make him laugh at himself !

If I think of any more things I used to do with Christian (he is 20 now) I will let you know although to be honest it just made life easier for me at the time not long term.

My son has so many problems (mental health) that I am still 'trying' to find out what really works for him.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gabi925, lynn P.