View Single Post
Anonymous29344

Default May 22, 2010 at 09:13 AM

do you think that the type and intensity of transference with T has anything to do with age of client?

so for example --
i am 20 now and T is like 50s and the transference that is going on is mostly positive mother transference. However there is also alot of expecting to be kicked out because T doesnt want to work with me (foster care transference thing)

So....

1. if I was older and T was closer to my age, would i have transference that is more like friend or like sibling?

2. why would i have positive mother transference when i had no positive mother experience? is it because that is what i want? like i want T to be my mom because she is so nice even though i don't really know what a "good mom" is???

3. does transference change with time? so if i stayed with T for lots of years, would i stop having mother transference and have something else?

4. does transference go away? is that the point of therapy--to make it go away?

5. does a T know and manipulate the transference? so does a T do things to keep the transference positive in the beginning to build a relationship and then later does things to let it go however it wants? see what i mean?

thanks smart people of PC!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote