View Single Post
jofseattle

Member Since May 2010
Default May 23, 2010 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Welcome to our support group for people who grapple with substance/alcohol abuse or dependence. I hope you find this group supportive of your needs.

If you're seeking additional information about these issues, you may want to check out our alcohol and substance abuse resources online.

Good luck with a successful recovery!

DocJohn
Dear Doc,

I am very excited to find this website and I need some direction on where to start. I have 30 plus years in d & a recovery... I even helped to start one of the first ACOA groups in PA over 20 years ago. I have lots and lots of recovery in many areas of my life and have met numerous challenges along the way ... I have always found a way to love me along the way.

Recently, for the first time in my recovery I have been experiencing severe PTSD symptoms; As a result of being re-exposed to my childhood traumas and new information about a murder commited by my primary perp when I was still living in the home.

I need a regular group on line meeting to discuss the problems and feelings I am experiencing. I did find a local group but it only meets once a month and is very small.

Could you give me some feedback on where to begin to navagate this site and find the support I need to recover myself again.

Jofseattle
jofseattle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote