View Single Post
Yack
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2005
Default Oct 03, 2005 at 03:33 PM

I have had that happen to me twice in the past 3 years...I was in a long term relationship with a guy for...about 6 years (on and off)...I was physically ill 3 years ago and he left because he "couldn't take it"....yet when I got engaged (that's a long story but that is what landed me here on this site), he wanted nothing more than to be with me. He started looking at engagement rings!

As soon as I left school this past January and began to have problems coping, now he does not refer to me as his girlfriend...in fact, I referred to him as my boyfriend out of habit in a posting on this site and he threw a fit....

What can I say...men make no sense...I think people have a hard time with adversity, but I can tell you, the right man will be very supportive of you, no matter what the situation....

Here is my favorite example: A very good friend of mine from high school had problems with depression, OCD, and bulimia her whole life....3 years ago she met someone who understands her and now they are happily married with a house and living in North Carolina (at the age of 25)...

((((((hugs)))))))))) Yack