Dragonlady of Pern
Chat Leader

Member Since Oct 2009
223 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2010 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Personally I'd avoid Seroquel like the plague. I know people who are on it, and they're basically zombies after taking it, and it's heavily sedating.
mmmmmm.......brains.........*walks around like zombie*

Currently I take 300 mg of Seroquel. 200 mg @ 8 pm, 50 mg @ 8 am, 50 mg @1:00 pm. I'm not that much of a zombie, but then again I take 20 mg of adderall xr @ 8:00 and 11:00.

reperidone was the first anti-psychotic I was ever on. I slept a good 15 hrs a day for a week, and decided that wouldn't work out.

Saphris is newer and since they passed a law (not sure if it's state or national) that psych offices where no longer able to accept freebies from drug companies, meaning that the psychiatric medicine peddlers stopped going to the offices every week, giving them more free samples. My doc has to 'order' them from the drug company so they can be sent there. Many drugs aren't even giving out samples, they're going to the 'savings card' option instead. Anyways, all of that was supposed to mean that with out samples being pushed, I've become less of a crazy medical experiment. So I haven't tried it.

Geodon is my favorite. But it doesn't like me. Got me out of some deep dark depression, but it was at the cost of developing tics and having a seizure. If it wasn't for that, I would probably be on it.
Moreta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote