View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 20, 2010 at 08:10 PM

I think the first step is to actually see where you are spending? Write down absolutely every expense when you make it. (Keep a little notebook with you?) Once you see what you are spending where, in reality, then you can see if you can cut back or add anywhere.

Here's one online budget sheets, but there are many. http://www.kiplinger.com/tools/budget/

The next thing is to be totally honest with budgetting. It won't do any good if you know you spend xx on something, but only put in x for it so it fits into the budget.

Most people do have some money they can put aside, even if it's very little. A good plan is to save SOMETHING each week. Even if it's just $1 in a jar... do it every week. The habit you build will stay with you and help you to save more eventually.

Don't just look at the one item you buy a few times a week (like a soda) or month (candy bar, text messages etc) but take what you actually spend (from your tally notebook) and multiply it out for the whole year. NOW, would you rather spend that money elsewhere?

I'm not judging you, ok...just listing some things off. I know for one, my internet is very important to me, but it's not the end of the world if I went without for a while, you know. It may not be internet that you can do without, but something else. Cutting corners is rarely fun, but the result can be uplifting.

Good wishes on your efforts.

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lexi232, shezbut, thunderbear, Timgt5, Yoda