View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2010 at 03:19 PM

I'm on a med that costs $1,900/month (yep....that's how much...ugh). With the medicare drug coverage, I still was having to pay over $4,000/year for the medication along with the $50/month for the drug coverage in the first place. For me this is the only medication I'm on.

So I talked to the patient assistance program. First off, my disability is too high to qualify for assistance according to the federal cut off. However, because of the cost of the medication, they first started covering it when the drug insurance cut off. But then I cancelled my drug coverage because I couldn't justify paying the monthly fee for something I didn't need (besides, I didn't have the money to pay for that anyway. You can apply to start off at the point the $300/ cuts off. Then the next year you have to start using the insurance again & reapply for the assistance when the insurance cuts off again.

Its a nuisance, but much better than paying for the high cost of meds.

Sometimes it's necessary to go through an appeal process, but you have to push for that information...they do not just offer it.

Eg.....they decline you because you have drug coverage, then appeal that the coverage ends at $300.

Hope that makes sense....but it's important to call them & see you their assistance works....each one is a little different

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
googley