View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2010 at 03:35 PM

I write down all my bills that I know are a set amount.....utilities vary during the year & if you can put away what you aren't spending during the months when the cost is lower, then you don't have to worry so much when the costs are higher.

Unfortunately, it seems like when those costs are lower, then I need to buy tires for my truck, have the breaks replaced, & my dog had to have surgery........some times life just doesn't seem fair.....but one just has to plug away & save the times when you can.

I know it's hard to do without some things for yourself once in awhile. I have it when I only have $1 left at the end of the month (I too am on disability)......& it's even worse when I have to dip into the emergency fund.....it's hard to replace when there is nothing left at the end of the month. There have even been times when I thought I had budgeted well enough & did a little splurge that I had to return because of lack of money when an emergency hit later that month......so now I just don't splurge anymore (even though my splurge wasn't a lot...it was still too much).

Never get into using credit cards to pay for anything....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!! I use my debit/credit card, but I use it instead of writing checks & it comes out of my checking account immediately. I monitor my checking account online also to make sure nothing is on there that I haven't realized or as in the past, had ID theft that used the number on my debit/credit card.....grrrrr.

You have some very good suggestions here....hopefully you will be able to save some at least during the lower cost time of year.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shezbut