View Single Post
CedarS
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2005
151 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2005 at 11:06 PM

I have to admit, I've tended to slack off when it comes to reading various site community guidelines and agreements. I guess I saw them as like those agreements I check off before downloading some new program, I scroll through it quick so I can get on with it. I've tended to hear it all as a yadda-yadda, summing them up as an -I promise I won't do anything wrong- type of trip.

But I'd always advise folks to read the fine print before actually signing something, I love faqs, I'm fascinated by how we all talk to each other about how to make something work, so really.......my time is due to pay attention to Community Guidelines.

I also can skim text pretty fast. I've skimmed the Community Guidelines here, but not paid full atttention to all of it.

This is a good time to pay attention, while I try out some moderating. I also am thinking on why I like this site so much.

There is a lot of vital info packed into these guidelines, I can tell Doc worked on them thoughtfully. And each word does make a difference.

The guidelines and the terms of use do not limit my ability to enjoy and participate in the forums, they actually help me feel safer and more present. I know where Doc John and administrators stand, I am clear on the purpose of site and forums. The wheel doesn't have to be reinvented daily.

Structure can be good. Thank you everyone involved, I appreciate all the thought and care that goes into this place, and I benefit greatly.

Sarah

CedarS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote