View Single Post
momobri

Member Since Jun 2010
Confused Jun 26, 2010 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR520 View Post
That is pretty much what I have done with my daughter. Just cut it off!! There are always people who will not or cannot understand you, but sometimes we have to take care of ourselves. Others just see that sweet person who they don't know is getting ready to take advantage of them and use them for all they are worth! My daughter had only one friend, a Mennonite lady, who she has used to death. Now, this lady is catching on, and my daughter will find someone else to use, then disgard.
How on earth do you do it? I really feel the need to back off from my son. My spouse does not want me alone with him, gets verbally abusive, but he's my only child. Sometimes i feel so reponsible for his problems and sometimes feel like I should butt out of my adult son's life. He wont listen to anyone and is real frustrated we are cooling on him, meanwhile he has taken up with a couple of friends that are real bad news, doing drugs, and I cant do a thing about it. Very frustrated and worried. Afraid he will feel even more unloved and that will make him worse.
momobri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost