View Single Post
Rhiannonsmoon
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2008
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I will say again that I am so grateful that I am in Australia. I just changed insurance funds because I got hospital cover for just $7 more per week than I was paying for simple extras (dental, physio, podiatry etc etc).

I do have a wait of 12 months for any pre-existing condition but they do cover it in a public or private hospital, or as an outpatient or private patient as many times as I need to go. There is also free community pdoc for 13 sessions. Though there isn't a huge amt of money from the govt for mental health, they do do a lot and take care of us.

I can't believe the gall of the insurers in the US I've said it before & I'll say it again, if they tried that here thet'd go broke from people dropping them. In my little world I would take them to an authority for discrimination against the mentally ill because that is what it is. They wouldn't place a limit on therapy for someone who lost a leg, and they'd supply him a new leg at no charge...Lobby groups need to get busy pushing the govt to rewrite the insurance laws at a federal minimum level for people with mental illnesses,

Rhiannon

Peace, the deep imperturbable peace is right there within you, quieten the mind and slow the heart and breathe...breathe in the perfume of the peace rose and allow it to spread throughout your mind body and senses...it can only benefit you and those you care about...I care about you
Rhiannonsmoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote