View Single Post
radio_flyer
Elder

Member Since Apr 2003
197 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2010 at 02:11 AM

Ya know, AkAngel's comment got me thinking. Especially the comment that women sometimes are drawn to prostitution due to anger towards men. And in the end, the women are still getting hurt.

When you close your eyes and visualize actually what a prostitute does, one would generally conclude she can't really feel good at the end of the day. Guess the only one "feeling good" would be the man..Although she may have earned enough money for dinner and a room for the night, am sure her heart is aching for a better life.

I don't know how much money a "street prostitute" would make. Have a feeling it isn't all that much..maybe enough to survive another day... And then the "high dollar" prostitutes probably are living really good. But then all of the prostitutes can't demant high dollar, being they probably aren't high dollar material...Even so, after a period of time, and all that sex, even the high dollar prostitute must shed some tears from what she is doing with her life....Multiple sex partners can't bring a woman joyous memories, no matter how much money she makes....

Just talking sorta out loud again... sorting out my thoughts... thinking that prostitution in the long run isn't really that good of a thing.. Legal or not legal...

We can take a short cut to the "strippers"... now there is money in that too.. And no sex involved. Maybe that is why stripping is legal...soooooo instead of prostituting, go for the dancing, stripping... Am sure those ladies sleep good at night with little regrets.... maybe

There were sooooooooo many good points brought to my attention in this thread..Things I never even thought about.. Maybe in my "magical" thinking prostitution was like that movie, Best Little *****house in Texas..Not realizing the pain and abuse involved in prostitution. Thinking the woman came out ahead with the "dollars". That little anger inside, make em pay for it... Wrong anger never solved anything, other than sometimes making things worse.......................

so how do I feel about legalizing prostitution now...I don't know....I just don't know..

I just wanted to add... I can't or won't point my finger at a prostitute and put them down. I would never judge or degrade them either. Prostitutes are people.. People with the very same feelings as those who aren't prostitutes..

radio_flyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote