Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 19, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAAA View Post
But deep down in my soul I want her to find a nice man to settle down with.
And, one wants one's sons to find a nice girl to settle down with and, for me, presumably they won't have been with every tom, ****, and harry to begin with.

I guess I do have some issue with the number of partners one has because, to me, it doesn't show much discrimination, and I mean discrimination in a "good" way. It's like the difference between someone who will eat "anything" and someone who appreciates a good meal.

If a man just wants "sex" and pays for it, if a man or woman is just having "fun" then how can I judge their serious intent as mate material? I shake my head at the Hollywood types that are married 4, 5, 6, 7, 8+ times; I can't figure out how someone decides to marry someone else who has already shown they weren't serious over 2+ times? I can see "a" marriage that ends (my husband was married previously) or even a couple under certain circumstances (my oldest brother is happily married and he and my sister-in-law are each other's 4th spouses) but I wouldn't be able to continue dating a man who had been divorced 2-3 times, nevermind being their 5th or 6th spouse?

I think partners can be like that; if we're dating and getting serious and decide to share how many sexual partners we've had and you tell me, wait a minute, I have to consult my little black book :-) I'm going to be a little concerned about whether I want to be in that little black book, another notch on the belt, etc. That's not what I want.