View Single Post
Anonymous100164

Default Jul 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM

I have a question. I think I may be bipolar. I seem to have some of the symptoms, and I'm fairly certain it runs in my family, possibly on both sides. I'm 16, which I know is young, but if one of the relatives I believe is bipolar is indeed bipolar (she hasn't been diagonosed), then she started rather young as well (I've heard stories of some of the things she's done, but I don't know her and can't judge for myself as she's estranged). My problem though is getting help, because even if I'm not bipolar, I do know for sure that I have other problems. However, as I'm 16, there's getting parental approval to go see somebody. My dad and I have issues (Both my mom and myself believe he might be bipolar, but even if he isn't he is a horrid person), so I can't talk to him about anything. My dad has created a bad family enviornment, and my mom is emotionally weak because of him. I take care of her in that sense. I've mentioned going to therapy to her before, but she gets very upset because she thinks it's her fault. I can't stand seeing her upset, let alone making her upset. I guess my question is, how do I get help when these issues stand in my way? Thanks for any comments or ideas you may have.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote