View Single Post
Anonymous200140

Default Jul 27, 2010 at 01:52 PM

I sit on the floor pretty frequently in T... maybe about 40-50% of the time.

This is kind of strange, but I remember how it first came up-- I had a dream that I was sitting on the floor and I told my T about it, and she asked if I wanted to. I said I don't know, so I didn't that day but it was on my mind and we talked about it and a few sessions later she asked me if I wanted to again and then suggested I try it, so I did. I think she thought it would help me feel more connected and close. She was right. It makes me feel very safe and contained as Tree said. Also like Tree, I like to sit on the floor when I'm feeling very little in T, which is frequently... I guess my little parts like the floor too. It feels more childish and safe, maybe partially because when I'm on the floor and my T is in her chair I look up at her and she kind of looks down at me and it feels like she is holding me and taking care of me, which is what I so desperately want.

But, as you may have picked up from that ^^^, my T doesn't sit on the floor with me. She stays in her chair and I kind of curl up next to or behind the coffee table that's between us. I'm not sure if she would sit on the floor if I asked her to-- she probably would, but the layout of her office/couches makes it impossible. It's a pretty small space. So I'm not sure if that is why she doesn't sit on the floor with me, or because it just started out with only me, or if she thinks it will help me feel safe and little more if she stays sitting on her chair.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote