Anonymous200140

Default Jul 27, 2010 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehouse View Post
Once, he asked "why are you hiding?"
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
I hide in therapy. A lot. Usually behind my hands, or just by closing my eyes. Sometimes I hold the pillow in front of me. But that doesn't work so great, what I really want is to hide my face. So much shame. So much.

I hide too especially my face. I put my hand in front of my mouth and cheek and sometimes I suck/bite on my sleeve. I also squish myself into a corner of the couch against the pillows so sometimes the pillows block my face too. My T has also asked me if I'm hiding or why I'm hiding. Sometimes she asks what I'm hiding from. Usually my feelings.

Today I was squished in a corner with my hand in front of my mouth and she asked if I was hiding because I want her to find me and "pick me up." ..I started crying. She asked if it felt reassuring when I hide and she finds me, as opposed to me just sitting down on the floor, right there for her without any hiding. It is so so reassuring.

Really interesting that this came up.. I just got home from my session and we were talking about this exactly. My T said hiding was kind of the opposite of sitting on the floor. I know what she means, in terms of wanting her to find me, but I do both to try to feel safe and soothed.

Thank you for this thread

((((tree, zoo))))
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
zooropa