View Single Post
nycgurl

Member Since Jul 2010
Default Jul 28, 2010 at 08:08 AM

I work in child welfare. CPS DOES NOT want to take your baby! They just want to make sure you are taking care of her properly. There are no set guidelines on how you should care for your child, however, there are set guidlines on how you should not care for your child. CPS people can be cold hearted and mean. They seem like the enemy. And to some they are. But as long as you are caring for you baby there is not much they can do just because you have an MI. It does not work that way. If you are seeing a therapist you may have to sign a consent form so your therapist can release information. But it's just basic information like are you a threat to your baby, yourself, etc... If you tell you therapist you are having thoughts of harming your child you therapist should be able to determine whether these are thoughts or if it's a direct threat. And that would not be shared with CPS unless it was a threat. Therapists don't share content. They share the basic information.
Anyway, if you have any more concerns or questions in regards to this please let me know. I have bipolar II, have suffered from PPD, have general anxiety and I work in the CPS field. So, professionally and personally I would be happy to offer you support.
Best,
NYCGURL
nycgurl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote