View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Jul 28, 2010 at 05:47 PM

My grocery store has a thing where every $1 purchased goes onto your rewards card....spend $100/month on groceries (not hard to do since I buy my dog food for my 6 dogs there also as it's the cheapest place for the lowest grade good food I can get)...you get .10/gallon off the price of their gas.....pretty good gas.

I also had my insurance raised by the company I have been with all my life (35 years). I found another insurance company to go with & ended up getting a little money back from what I had paid.

Sad thing was that I was figuring that next month I had paid off the vet bill for my mommy eskies surgery & thought I had a free month.....NOT. My breaks were making noise on my truck. Thought it was the new breaks I had put on a month ago....NOT SO LUCKY. They said they found the break hoses in the front end of my truck were separated somehow, they were filling with air & causing the breaks to be slightly applied......another unexpected expense.....grrrr. I have to save for my property taxes in October.......grrrr. Need to see if I can get the property value lowered. If I can't sell the house for as much as I paid for it, I shouldn't be taxed for more than it's worth either. Lots of places where one can look to cut their expenses also.

I don't have a TV. Haven't had one since I moved to KY.....I really don't even miss it. I play DVD's on my computer DVD player & so I can relax that way. Get my news off the internet also.....good enough to satisfy me & keep up with current events.

I only have a cell phone because the cost of a land line was way too much out in the country & I cut my minutes down to the minimum with rollover the months when I don't use all of them....makes up for the months I use a little more, but am always careful about how many minutes I talk on the phone.

Of course, I have a huge expense with boarding my horses. Once I get 2 of them moved here that will cut my monthly expenses some, but will then have to add the cost of food which is now part of the board bill & pray that I don't need to have a vet bill very often except once a year for the shots & coggins health certificate. It will still be less then the board bill I have now.....but at the moment, I don't have a choice in that & I am just not willing to give up my horses at this point....too important to my mental health.

Always will be trade-offs that we feel are very important.....priorities is what we call them.

Ramsey is a wonderful guide to saving & to cutting your expenses. My home T went over my expenses when we first got together.....funny, I taught her a few things about getting rid of debt. I bailed my husband & I out before we moved into our last house. I thought I taught him everything I knew, but guess he just didn't care because when I ended up disabled & not able to take care of the finances (didn't really care because I didn't plan on living any longer to care), he totally blew all the good I had done because of his stupid ostrich mentality of sticking his head in the sand & refusing to see the reality of the situation......grrrrr.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shezbut