View Single Post
blueoctober
Horse Girl

Member Since Jul 2010
Default Jul 30, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Living with Someone who's Living with Bipolar Disorder, 2010 by Chelsea Lowe

I just finished reading this book and it has now gone to the top of my list for books on bipolar. It is written for spouses and family members for those diagnosed, but like many diagnosed with BP, I was first a family member of a person diagnosed before I was diagnosed myself. My mom has been diagnosed BP I since I was young child and I was diagnosed BP II when I was 31 (I'm 34 now).

This book would be great for a person diagnosed, family member or significant other. My favorite chapters were Chapter 7 "Bipolar Disorders and the Workplace" and Chapter 8 "Communication and Coping Skills". What I also liked about it is it shared personal stories of couples and family members who have been affected by a person diagnosed with bipolar.

It was published in 2010, so it's information is up to date. If you are looking for a book for yourself, a family member or significant other I would highly recommend this book.

Check out my blog The Bipolar Roller Coaster: http://blueoctober.psychcentral.net/
New Post March 23 "New Therapist"
blueoctober is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost