View Single Post
Nupoet64
Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2010
Default Aug 06, 2010 at 12:48 AM

It is very frustrating. I am also unable to work. I have no income. My husband is the only one working. Two years ago, I became unable to work adn he lost a job in management that he had for 24 years. Our household income dropped 65%.
I am currently seeing a T through a local Church program. They are funded through the church and I pay a very low sliding scale fee...$10 a session.
I am not currently taking any meds, but i know that alot of the med companies will sell directly to the patient at a reduced price, if you can get you pdoc to assit you with the paperwork. Ask them about it, there are programs for it. They do not volunteer this information...but being a "used to be" nurse, lol, I know these things...
The bad part of getting assistance for therapy, I end up with conventional therapy for depression or anxiety, but nothing forcusing on my PTSD...this is not helping.
It is quite frustrating. I need intensive treatment for repressed memories, but the 10 week program is $30k. That will never happen...PTSD specific therapy in my area runs about $190 / per session...out of pocket. I have no insurance and no income.
I hate that people make so much money off others' suffering.
Sorry for the rambling....

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky