Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 07, 2010 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WePow View Post
Ok ladies... I am wondering if anyone else had gone through perimenopause at the young age of 40?

That is how "old" I am. Now I do have damage in that area due to chronic early childhood sx trauma. And I have PTSD which can impact hormones greatly. But my period has always been painful and the past few years added extra pain and heavier. Also, I was once regular on 28 days but the past two years has been a little off with sometimes 25 days and sometimes 29 days. Also, I have had hot flashes since I was 27... and heart palpitations and night sweats. I just thought it was a part of my "wonderful" life. ha ha.

Soooo... I am now 4 days late and no - it would be a miracle if it was a baby since the baby would have to be almost grown! But I had the pain as though I were having my moon (that is what us Native American's call it). But no moon! Sooooo.... was looking for feedback?
my moms period started messing up when she was 36. some times she would have a normal period other times just spotting, and other times flooding and clots. she was put on birth control pills. the pill regulated and kept her normal. she hit full menopause at age 41. doctor said it was perimenopause at 36.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote