View Single Post
sunsetsunrise
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2009
210 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2010 at 03:08 AM

I just got accepted on to disability. I thought it would be a good thing. They are paying me just a teeny amount. because I was never able to work much. Then they are deducting money from that to pay for medicare. It took me two years go get disability so i am on medicare immediatly upon acceptance to disability.

I had great insurance for free because the state I live in is very humaine to people who do not earn much. I began going to an awesome therapist. First good break for me in a longggggg time. Now I got disability I got dropped from the state good insurance. And it turns out medicare does not pay for this kind of therapist. I think its LCSW or something like that. They do not cover any of them. i will spend much of the money disability pays me for supplimental insurance and still the therapist will not be covered. I will also have part D but am already preparing for high copayments for medications. I am weaning myself off of the medications I am on. I wish I lived in a different country where the disabled and elderly were treated better. My therapist is awesome. she says that she will not stop treating me. She said she would barter. I have nothing to barter though. I am a shell of a person at this time. filing for disability took a lot out of me. It was a long hard battle to convince them that I am mentally ill. Because I waited a long time before applying. I was too ashamed to apply when i could no longer work. The battle depleted me. I dont have anything left to give for barter. The pain and depletion is very hard.
sunsetsunrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, SouthernSoul

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky