View Single Post
feddy

Member Since Feb 2010
Default Aug 16, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover View Post
I have learned from the serotonin reuptake inhibiters that the more serotonin I produce naturally the better they will work. To produce serotonin naturally you think up a list of things that make you feel good and then do them. On the top of my list is helping others.
It took a long time for me to understand what you were saying but now I think I get it.....I think it's why I like leading people so much and why I choose leadership roles at work. Everytime I see someone be successful, or I have a difficult conversation where someone walks away with a new understanding or makes a different choice, I feel great! I feel like I've accomplished something and helped someone achieve something that matters and it gives me a little boost. I just reread your post and I finally think I understand why. The work that I choose to do every day involves leading others and teaching them how to achieve their full potential and every time I succeed, so do they. Now I get it...I have to continue to leverage the work I do for the psychological benefits it can give me. And they are plentiful! Thank you so much for sharing.
feddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote