View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2010 at 05:41 PM

I'd like to see the system privatized (and the social security system also) at least that way the Federal Government wouldn't be able to steal the funds.

However, the insurance companies lobby heavily in Wash DC, and contribute to candidates (all kinds) funds. I'd like to see only private citizens and non-profits be allowed to lobby, and of course, keep the governing at the State level. It's just not right to have the insurance claim agents and the lawyers dictate what type of care we get.

I heard one news coverage (Mind you, I work hard at not seeing any of them) where a man was complaining because his hospitalization/health care premiums were $438. a month for his family of 4... and how he couldn't pay it anymore. Well, I pay that for just me, and it increases 18% each year. Open season is coming up soon (November?) and I'm seriously considering cutting it way back. If the National health care mandates go into effect, I will cancel mine and proceed to go onto the backs of the Fed Govt (tax payers) instead of carrying my own weight. I'm not alone in this thinking. Those who pay their own way are being weighted with undo stress in paying for the rest, and the others are being rewarded for being a ward of the Fed Govt.

I think the doctors and medical personnel in this country could manage our health care (system) in a profitable and caring way, both. But there's no chance of that. I think we're in too deep to find a reasonable answer.

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote