View Single Post
AngelAsmodeus

Member Since Aug 2010
Default Aug 20, 2010 at 06:13 PM

(It's a shame that not many people post here )

How did you know (or have an idea) that you were dependent?

I didn't know there was a disorder for that... I just figured that I was over-dependent because I had an overprotective mother.

All the relationships that I was comfortable in had a control dynamic. I was happy. I find it hard to stay in a relationship when I'm not being given attention a lot and if someone else passes along that can give me attention and control. Stability. I needed it, craved it. It drive me nuts. I do the pushing away but at the same time I can't stand being alone, even if I try to play it off.

In my head, I can take "relationships take work" to a whole nother level. It's more than work. I deal, and eventually what they like is what I'll like. I can internalize until a breaking point or I get over it. (I wish I had that "get over it" mentality with depression.)

Anyway, I'm not comfortable outside of a relationship, nor am I if I can't depend on my SO to make decisions for me. If I can serve them and they can take care of me, I'm happy.

In my mind, I can't understand why this is so bad. When I'm alone, it is bad. That I feel stuck in my home with my mother (that's for multiple reasons, however) is bad. That I understand.

But I feel I'm starting to understand the whole "battered wives" thing. Not because I'm being abused, but because I understand now the feeling of not being able to leave.

"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness." -Bertrand Russell
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -Albert Einstein
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -Bill Watterson

Let's make a wish
Easy one
That you are not the only one
And someone's there next to you holding your hand
Make a wish
You'll be fine
Nothing's gonna let you down
Someone's there next to you holding you
Along the paths you walk

Last edited by AngelAsmodeus; Aug 20, 2010 at 06:27 PM..
AngelAsmodeus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote