View Single Post
bipolarbearV

Member Since Apr 2010
Wink Aug 23, 2010 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolarmother View Post
Thanks for sharing that description.
I have been diagnosed with bipolar and ptsd. But it seems I go into such a non functioning funk when I get depressed that I know have axis II "borderline" features during depression.

I am confused in just trying to understand borderline. Because all my life I have been stable with getting my college degree in 4yrs, been marrried for 25 yrs have alot of kids and pretty happy, functioning and succesful life. But triggers seemed to have caught up to me and I crashed big time and the first I was learning of even depression was when I went into the psychiatric hospital.

I do see the description of borderline in all of us and I mean everyone. Don't we all have characteristics of borderline when we get upset, insecure, unsure of life etc.? And being very depressed in of itself sometimes suicide is an answer? So is every suicidal person, borderline??

I understand since I have ptsd I have trauma from childhood, I ge thatand I definatly see the up and down I go with bipolar but the severity of the depression puzzles me but again not enough to be "borderline"?
Can anyone help with me with understanding?

Thanks
I will try. I agree that we all seem to fit the BPD description. However, I think it is the intensity of response that makes a normal person vs. a PBD. We may also have more than one mental condition. We usually do. So while you are depressed someone else may be more depressed and suicidal. Each one having a different m. illness. Ii am BP and BPD. I am a moody over-reactor! LOL
bipolarbearV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ECHOES