Thread: Quotes
View Single Post
dance59326

Member Since Jul 2008
1 hugs
given
Thumbs up Aug 25, 2010 at 03:36 PM

Miracle 1986, these quotes are all by Maya Angelou, I believe, but yes, they are all by the site http://www.dancinginthedarkness.com/index.php

"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver."

"Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows me to survive, and better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style."

"If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded."

"Human beings are more alike than unalike, and what is true anywhere is true everywhere, yet I encourage travel to as many destinations as possible for the sake of education as well as pleasure."

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."

"Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it."

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."

"The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change."

"The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. If we don't have that we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell we should never teach."

"One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."

Take care
~ dance59326

"To dwell in the here and the now does not mean you never think about the past or responsibility, plan for the future. The idea is simply not to allow yourself to get lost in regrets about past or worries about the past or worries about the future. If you are firmly in the present moment, the past can be an object of inquiry, the object of your mindfulness by looking into the past, but you are still grounded in the present moment"
Thich Nhat Hanh

dance59326 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote