View Single Post
billieJ
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2009
Default Aug 25, 2010 at 09:10 PM

I'm with wildflowers88, above. Explain everything that has happened to SS, but personally, the phone call you got sounds fishy to me. Can you go to a local SS office to explain your situation. The # I have for SS is:
1-800-772-1213. Although I do have to go through a bunch of automated responses [you can sometimes short cut this by repeating "Representative" or dialing 0], I have never received the type of automated reply about an "outgoing #" like you did. In these hard times, scammers are abundant, and I would be wary of anybody wanting to discuss retroactive benefits with me that could not subsequently be contacted. Please don't give them any personal information, esp your SS#. I think that calling the above # can help you straighten things out. Re your letter of rejection: reapply, being able to state, in the "extra comments" section, how your disability[ies] prevents you from being able to hold any type of job. Best of Luck - billieJ