View Single Post
Fresia
Wandering soul

Member Since Apr 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2010 at 01:43 PM

No, I actually started going to his wife when we first moved here but she only has hours 2 days a week. I switched to him on recommendation of father a few years ago and after checking creds. I could see your reasoning though and how that could happen with a childhood physician. I find as soon as I mention BP or BP is seen in the chart, demeanors change anyway, female or not. I still go to him though b/c he is always there in an emergency, I like his credentials and education is why I continue to go; same for some of my other docs. Sometimes these things trump bedside manner for me, in some areas; not for pdoc and T though.

It isn't just w/ physicians as y'all mentioned above. In business and around town, I have experienced this too. However I agree that being female works in our favor with men too at times. No matter, a lot of it depends on the person, the circumstances, and how you carry yourself with behavior. Some times there are biases that cannot be overcome in the Ol' boys network however. Accept the things you cannot change, but work the system.
Fresia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RomanSunburn