Thread: Complete 180
View Single Post
PromisesToKeep

Member Since Aug 2010
Default Sep 18, 2010 at 01:11 AM

I continue to be just soooo proud of you and wish I could hug the stuffing out of you. It sounds like you are just hypomanic rather than fully manic, so this is a good thing. You are handling it appropriately even if it means being silly, singing and dancing. Why do you think so many of our Hollywood stars appear on the lists of famous people with bipolar disorder. This is your mood of inspiration. Find a way to express that inspiration appropriately (shopping on credit cards or getting a make over is not a good idea, neither is removing all the ceramic tiles in your house or painting your walls a groovy color that reminds you of one of the flowers that used to bloom in your grandmother's garden) Yes, I am guilty of all of the above so making ambulance noises as you pass the hospital by comparison is relatively harmless even though I know you see this as a set back for yourself.
Hypomania is your inspiration streak. Find some manageable way to express that energy that you are feeling. You could use the paint program that come with windows and make some really neat computer art or collages with pics that you might have on your computer and that would be free. You could even pop in a CD with some head phones and crank up the volume while you work. Sometimes, I crochet a unique scarf pattern that I created when I was hypomanic using ribbon yard, graduated colored high end yard, and metallic yard. I always have yard at the ready for when I feel inspired and have a relationship with a boutique that sells them on a 50% commission for $50.00. I also have a research paper I am working on when inspired comparing the theories on knowledge from several different philosophers throughout the ages, but then again, I love writing research papers. I love going and buying a flat of flowers (on sale only) and planting them. I make sure to stick with the perennials so if I get so depress that I cannot function, neglect to water them and they die, I haven't a great investment in them and they would have been replaced next year anyway. I bake bread from scratch. Something about kneeding the doe and creating something yummy to share with others so that they don't have to dread my periods of inspiration is really kind of fun. Another time I went to Michaels (art and hobbies) and bought raw soap and taught myself how to add scent, color and mold it and gave it away for Christmas. Another time I made drapes for my living room. Another time, I wrote and illustrated a childrens' book. Another time I made greeting cards. Sometimes I like getting my daughter involved and going to the park to play frisbee or model for one another in front of the camera all dress up or go to the beach and see who can collect the largest intact seashell within an hour and then eat lunch and go swimming.
The best thing I ever did for myself was learn to accept my mood states, those which are not life threatening and learn how to harness them to work for my advantage. I can't wait to hear what you decide to do with your inspiration.
You just keep getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
hugs,
ptk
PromisesToKeep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BNLsMOM