View Single Post
invisigirl

Member Since May 2010
Default Sep 23, 2010 at 09:59 AM

This has been an issue for my husband and I in the past. However, it is an issue for many women - whether they are csa survivors or not. It feels like a betrayal to know that your husband is seeking pleasure in that manner somewhere other than with you. Especially if it starts interfering with his attention towards you... it's just a no-win, in my opinion. Some women are capable of separating the two in their mind and aren't bothered by it and others will enjoy it with their husband.. but, in my experience, most csa survivors are deeply troubled by it and I think that comes from the fact that we see our partner actively objectifying women when we ourselves were objectified. It's hard to see the man you love looking at women purely as a sexual object and reconcile that with how he might see you.

I hope it doesn't become a fight between the two of you. Just remember to focus on expressing how it makes you feel without making it sound like accusations or a personal attack. Use 'I' statements instead of 'you' statements.

wife. mom. swimmer. writer.
trying to live life in spite of depression, dissociation, and PTSD.
member of a club that no one wants to join...
invisigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
darkpurplesecrets, Sannah