View Single Post
Rapunzel
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2003
132 hugs
given
Default Dec 03, 2003 at 03:45 PM

Becki,

That is a decision that only you can make. Since you were okay before circumstances triggered your symptoms, it could be situational. But that doesn't make much difference in how it affects you or the fact that treating it can help you to feel better, in my opinion. My advice is to go to your appointment with the psychologist, and talk about what else it might be advisable for you to do. It's still your choice.

My psychologist wants me on medication, but I've always been very hesitant about that, and I still don't want to go that route. I've been taking St John's Wort for several months, and that is usually enough for me, I think. I don't know if I can convince him of that anymore. Some people just have one or two episodes of depression, but for others (like me) it seems to be permanent. Everybody is different.

I wish you well, and hope that this helps a little bit. I didn't really answer your question, but that is an answer that you will have to find within yourself.
Wendy

<font color=green>"Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible" Carl Jung</font color=green>

Rapunzel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote