View Single Post
aglalady

Member Since Jun 2010
Default Sep 30, 2010 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabenormal View Post
I know what you are going through, I had the same type of situation growing up. However the only difference is I lived in the big city and longed to be in the sticks.

I come from a large family (lots of aunts and uncles) but I still didn't have a support system. I have never fit in with any of my family members and my mother is a very controlling person. She was very upset with me when I didn't go to school to be a doctor or lawyer. In fact we were at each others throats constantly. In my case it got so bad that we didn't speak to one another for 21 years.

However, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. You are reaching out for support, you have the self control to avoid situations and you are taking control of your career path. Way to go!
I understand where you are. I feel the same way and I know that is part of my depression. I have grown alot and talked to a few people and they said they did not see me the way I see myself. I am the parent of 3 grown children and am raising 2 of ones children and half raising the third grand. I feel used and abused but these children did not ask to be brought into this world and I do my best by them. I am approaching 60 and I get tired. I have a dysfunctional family and it is difficult to be the rock. Get your education and leave them behind. An alanon statement: I did not cause it, I did not create it, but I can contribute to it. One day if you are not careful, you will be like me, taking care of them all and they do not appreciate a thing but expect it. If it were not for children, I would walk away.
aglalady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote