Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2010 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Oh, Lynn, did you really want your daughter at that girl's party? I always forget when "everyone else" is doing something to check to see if I really wanted to do that in the first place or just am attracted by the crowd. I think you handled the situation well and now know a bit more, from actual personal experience, about the girl, her mother, and family?
You know Perna - you're right I probably would have said no if she was invited. It's kind of the feeling "you don't want to go to a party, but you at least want to be invited and not excluded". It's a little childish way of thinking I suppose.

Since my daughters have been in school I heard of instances with other kids where one kid will use the 'old birthday party punishment' - "I'm not going to invite you to MY party" or "I'm not allowed to have YOU at my party".

You're right though, I most likely would have said "no". I was willing to let all this go. I'm thinking of requesting for next year to ask the school to make them in separate classes. They also have a grade 5 girl and she doesn't get along with other girls either so I don't want this to be thorn in our side for the coming 3 years. I'm not sure if I should request this or not.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote