Elana05
Magnate

Member Since Jan 2010
12 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Hi Googley,

My heart goes out to you. This sounds like a tough situation. I don't understand it frankly. My partner is in grad school right now and at her school the masters and phd students get along well. But the masters students get treated a bit more like royalty because they don't get a "free ride." They're always getting free lunches and tote bags and stuff since the school really values them. Before she was at this school she was at another one she really didn't like. So she had to decide if she wanted to stick it out or take the time to put in some more applications (to transfer). She ended up going that route, and even though it turned out to be a stressful year doing her regular work on top of applications she was accepted into this different school and has liked it so much better. It's OK to move sideways. Better to move on then stay at a place where you don't feel comfortable, I think. Have you considered transferring?

E

ps. Don't be so hard on yourself! How could you ever know what to expect? Nobody knows. You made the very best decision you could, and now that you know how it is you can act on what you know. I think life is full of these sideways moves.