View Single Post
Rhiannonsmoon
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2008
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2010 at 09:44 PM

So rather than to say I am in a maze one should say "I'm trapped in this illness and cannot find a way out"? Rather than explain exactly what a depression feels like which is a deep dark pit that I try to claw my way out of I should say "I'm in a black depression that I cannot see which direction I should go from here"?

I believe that people should say what they need to say in order to first express the way they feel, once that is done they should then look for other words to express themselves further and bring deeper and more confused thoughts to the surface. Usually once thoughts are expressed they are easier to understand, but for the depressed it is a longer process and not everyone is easily creative though most are creatively dramatic. It is ideal that a client be drawn from creatively dramatic to creatively expressive

It can be overwhelmingly difficult for someone in the depths of depression to actually be able to express themselves, that is where metaphors are useful and speak volumes when someone is not truly ready to speak at all

It is easy to tell people how they should think but it is another thing entirely for a depressed person to actually think that way when their mind is not clear, and a therapist can usually draw out their clients thinking as they help them to unravel the mess of thoughts their client has to a point where the client can express themselves simply and understand what they themselves are saying

This is a good conversational thread which is important, it could to help people decide what expresses their thoughts the most clearly. I know there are many metaphoric quotes that come to the top when I am unsure whether I can articulate clearly what I am feeling; but there are times when I have implicit ability to express crystally clear what I need to understand before I can move on to the next suject

Peace, the deep imperturbable peace is right there within you, quieten the mind and slow the heart and breathe...breathe in the perfume of the peace rose and allow it to spread throughout your mind body and senses...it can only benefit you and those you care about...I care about you
Rhiannonsmoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
justfloating